Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Shrub Monkeys #124 and Sketch Crawl

Last Saturday was the "World Wide Sketch Crawl", a day where tons of artists escape from their studios and dark office spaces to wander around the outside world, blinking in the sunlight, and drawing whatever comes across their path. Despite the distractions described in this comic I actually managed to get a couple sketches done, which you can check out below!






Note: Hmm, I still can't seem to post comic images on blogger as large as I'd like (which usually leads me to just link to the full comic on Girlamatic). I'm looking to eventually switch to a wordpress website/blog sometime soon, so hopefully that'll fix this problem!

7 comments:

Mikiko Ponczeck said...

yaaay! :D
Haha, man, does this sound familiar.

I am glad you got more done than in the comic, the sketches look excellent too. ♥

uc said...

Regular people have so much character.These are amazing Katey.

Hesbell said...

those bottom left doodles remind me of myself for some reason XD but I know i wasn't there >_>

Ruttth said...

omgosh these are so great/adorable. I love the first one, and the girl in the bottom picture on the bottom left is so cute! What was she doing when you drew her? I love your style when you sketch.

Fawn said...

awesome sketches! and you got a lot drawn. we went to the natural history museum for sketchcrawl and i spent most of the day being amazed by dinosaurs and insects.

creeper said...

ø.ø i am jealous.

Unknown said...

You are such a great sketch...er.
I don't think that's the right term but oh well.

I was really suprised when I saw the second page and the girl in the far bottom right. She looks suprisingly like me...