Monday, March 10, 2014

Guys with Pencils: Art Theft

I was invited back for another episode of "Guys with Pencils"to talk about...



Katie Shanahan and J. Bone have joined us this week to talk about THEFT! specifically, Art Theft. Why Katie and J. you ask? Well because they are victims of having their own pieces of artwork stolen, traced and displayed without having any source credit to the original works or creators! This is a really interesting topic and we were very lucky to have such wonderful artists who can give their accounts as to what steps they took once they realized their work had been stolen.

LISTEN HERE!

(Rating: Mature (or immature!) language warning for more sensitive listeners)

Further reading for Ontario Artists:

If you find yourself in a similar situation, Stuart Immonen recommended on twitter that "The Artists' Legal Advice Service" is not-for-profit and has helped him in the past:

http://www.alasontario.ca/p/contact.html

1 comment:

Tenorio said...

I've seen your image multiple times on the internet without your credit, I'm glad I found you finally!

I hope you don't mind, I've been giving out free back tattoos of it and I might have laser etched it onto the moon.