Saturday, October 9, 2010

On the road again...

Just can't seem to sit still! After enjoying some traditional Canadian Thanks-Turkey “Gobble Gobble Day” cuisine tomorrow (oh yeah you NYCC peeps, be JEALOUS! I will eat so much pumpkin pie!) I shall be hopping on a plane and heading to sunny Florida for the rest of the month. There I'll be taking part in the Atlantic Center for the Arts: Graphic Novel residency, under the guidance of master artist Paul Pope! Very excited. There are two other master artists running work shops, Craig Thompson and Svetlana Chmakova who's books I also adore. Each master artist works with a small group of about 8 individuals, all working together to hone our comic making skills, work on our process, and make some cool stuff... all this located on a workshop facility nestled amongst 68 acres of Florida palmettos and scrub oaks on the shores of one of the most diverse estuaries in North America... so HELL YES I'm excited! I'd been feeling pretty congested artistically, so I'm looking forward to having my art-sinuses cleared and my butt kicked into high gear on this retreat.

What this means for the internet, is that I probably won't be around all that much this October in terms of art updates, or answering questions or responding to comments. But I'll be back in a months time, hopefully with some cool stuff to share! (unless it's for future secret projects that I can't divulge right away). Part of my goal for the retreat is to stock up on Shrub Monkeys comics so I can get back to weekly updates instead of the bi-weekly/monthlyish debacle that exists right now (starting with getting those comic-con comics finished and uploaded). So stay cool, stay tuned, and I'll see you guys in a few weeks!

Enjoy the rest of your October :)

Kt

No comments: